As we are constantly growing, we regularly seek qualified and dynamic collaborators who would fit into our company philosophy. If you wish to take up the challenge and become part of our team, please complete this form or contact us directly.
Teledyne ICM is an American & Belgian company that specializes in the development, manufacturing and worldwide sales of portable X-Ray generators and scanners. Our products are used in various fields such as the quality control of welded structures (Non-Destructive Testing) as well as on the security market (assessing suspicious objects). Teledyne ICM is now the world leader in these two niche markets and on an annual basis records an ever-increasing rate of growth. The 49 employees currently working at Teledyne ICM collaborate closely together to achieve an annual turnover of 11 million Euros.
Working at Teledyne ICM
While working at Teledyne ICM you will be part of a growing and passionate team. You will be based in our brand new offices which are located adjacent to the highway between Verviers and Welkenraedt. Teledyne ICM will provide you with a pleasant and inspiring working environment that has an international feel and features spacious work areas.
Part of the American group Teledyne Technologies Incorporated (www.teledyne.com), Teledyne ICM (www.teledyneicm.com) is a worldwide-active company specialized in the development and manufacturing of portable X-Ray generators and scanners for Non-Destructive Testing and Security purposes. On the back of a portfolio that exceeds 30 different products, including the now well-known SITEX and SITEX CP ranges, as well as the security detectors FLATSCAN, we at Teledyne ICM continue to grow year upon year. With close to 50 staff including engineers, physicists, sales and marketing professionals, as well as highly trained technicians, Teledyne ICM is more than ever, the leading company when it comes to meeting the X-Ray needs of a wide variety of users.
We have an opportunity for an After-Sales Technician to join the team. This key role will integrate Teledyne ICM After-sales team and will be responsible for the after-sales diagnostic and repair of Teledyne ICM products in house, remotely or at customer site.
After a complete training on Teledyne ICM product range:
- Ensure correct diagnostic of defected unit.
- Record a repair quotation based on the diagnostic.
- Manage the repairs as per Teledyne ICM quality standard and procedure in place.
- Test the equipment after repair.
- Manage planning and after-sales stock as per defined rules.
- Take an active participation in the continuous improvement process of the company by tracking / defining recurring technical issues and reporting them to the R&D team.
- When needed, visit customers and manage local on-site repair.
- Develop customer relationship.
- A bachelor degree in electronics or equivalent is a must.
- You feel comfortable with technical products, technical discussions and the industry in general.
- Ideally, you can show a proven first experience of minimum 5 years in a similar after-sales position.
- You are a problem solver, dynamic, autonomous, stress resistant and pragmatic.
- You are willing to travel around 25% of your time.
- You are comfortable with computers and the office suite.
- You are fluent in English.
The Teledyne ICM Research and Development Department currently employs a dozen people, engineers, technicians and draftsmen. It is a multidisciplinary team, bringing together skills in electronics, mechanics, physics, high voltage and software development. Based on specifications defined in close collaboration with the sales department, the R&D team designs, develops, validates and industrializes the innovative products that enable Teledyne ICM to play the leading roles in the markets where it is present. As part of the growth of its activities, we decided to hire a new R&D engineer.
At first, you receive a specific training in our products and techniques. This training is provided by the technical director and other R&D engineers. Soon you start taking an active part in a product development supervised by a project manager. While giving the team the benefit of your skills, you are also getting familiar with our working methods while deepening your knowledge. In the long term, you gain independence, for a day be able to take responsibility for the management of a project, while continuing to take advantage from the expertise and support of the rest of the team.
- master in electrical engineering or equivalent
- successful experience in R&D project management
- good knowledge in analog and digital electronics
- able to communicate in English on technical matters
- fluency in French
- being passionate for technologies and their practical applications
- good knowledge in power electronics
- skills in electro-magnetic compatibility
- experience in NDT and digital imaging
- motivating work atmosphere, within a young and dynamic team
- rewarding work in a pleasant setting within a large international group
- compensation and benefits adapted to the level of responsibility
- continuing education in many fields of competence
- the opportunity to see the developed products manufactured locally